Plan B is a new model of creation, co-creation and crowdsourcing within the music industry, meaning a revolution in the use of talent from the Net to create songs. It also means a new way of discovering talent in a time when record companies and industry leaders are not betting on new artists.
At the same time, it is a revolution in the way in which sponsorships had been carried out until now. Today, seven out of ten brands sponsor a musical event, but they don’t take advantage of it. However Plan B has demonstrated how through the brand’s content you can go from advertising to generating contents directed towards entertainment (Branded Content).
The overcoming of conventional forms of advertising, marketing and communication is a reality backed up by the growing diversity of formulas which appear, spread, are copied and saturate the music scene in general and advertising in particular. From this coexistence and connection between media and advertising, and as an answer to the adaptation to the new context, new fields arriving from USA are becoming a reality in our country: advertainment, marketainment, brand placement, transmedia or hipermedia contents, and a whole series of new phenomena within the generating of contents.
It is clear that the desire, and mostly, the possibility of the users’ involvement in the social web have changed the way in which companies relate to their different audiences in the generating of contents and the creation of value through these same contents. However, on its way to this open and integrating company of social platforms, that relationship becomes most meaningful when the user has the chance to be involved in making decisions, in generating the content, and in co-creating, launching and testing the products in the company’s chain value, etc.
This way, Plan B becomes of vital importance for the brand as well as for the music industry itself. The awards it has been given in its first year running in Spain are proof of this:
Advertising: Golden Sun Award in El Sol, Golden EFI to Efficiency in the Media, Best Emerging Digital Project Award at the Inspirational IAB Awards (where it has also been awarded a Gold Award for Media Content and a Bronze Award for Best Integrated Company).
- Lead the Way and Gimme the Base DJ reached Top1 at 40 Principales, spanish most important radio station
- Also both songs in the #1 and #2 in EuropaFM Hits
- Three songs in the iTunes Top 4
- “Lead the way” stayed more than three weeks the Number #1 on iTunes, and one of the songs more sold on iTunes Spain
- “Lead the way” was the third song radiated in Spain in summer 2011
- The Plan B songs appear in 12 music compilations
Internet and Social Networks:
- More than 200K fans on social media networks
- More than 25K followers in the Plan B Project Twitter (@el_plan_b)
- More than 150K followers in the Carlos Jean Twitter (@carlosjean)
- More than 59K fans in the Plan B Facebook Fan Page
- More than 42K fans in the Carlos Jean Facebook Fan Page
- More than 33K fans in the Tuenti Page
- Microsites of the Project in los40.com and msn.com
- Powerful actions on different plataforms Spotify, YouTube and iTunes…
- More than 100Kmentions on blogs and online media
- More than 284K search references on Google
- More than 9.2K suscribers on the channel
- More than 7,8M of views in our channel
- More than 12M of views of our videos in other channels
- More than 5K comments
- More than 20K positive votes for only 430 negative
Website – elplanb.tv
- More than 60.000 registered users (CRM)
- More than 3 millions of video views
- More than 6.000 tracks uploaded by users
- More than 2,6 millions of tracks voted
- More than 2,2 millions of tracks listened
- More than 1,3 million of unique users
- More than 6 millions of page views
- Just 11% of Bounce Rate
- 23 different sections
- Between 1.5 and 2 millions of spectators in each section.
- We’ve reached many times the Gold-Minute in our sections
- Our large audience was 4.4 million spectators
- Live perfomances, musical experiences and challenges.